1.08.2009

lazy thursday?

I have been such a bum today. It's kind of despicable.

But I added hangman to my blog! And a couple other nifty changes.

I keep thinking of all the things I could be doing today (since I don't work today) and I can't get past thoughts. Haven't done much. Bad habit. I think it's because I've been sleeping in - and when I sleep in I feel tired ALL day. It's no bueno.

Went to Starbucks to get caffeine hoping that would motivate me, and when I was walking out I witnessed the tail end of an older woman falling in the parking lot. She was with what seemed like her 13ish year old granddaughter. I didn't see how bad it was, but when she fell she didn't get up. (I immediately thought of you, LP, if you're reading this...). Anyway, I went over and she had a sizable gash above her eye. Luckily I was at my store, I stole some supplies from the first aid kit. Anyway, she was fine, but like, four women coming from Pei Wei rushed over after I helped her get cleaned up and they basically shushed me away. Like, "We're all fine here, thanks!" And stayed with her. I didn't get that at all. Did I offend them or something? It was very strange. Very high school.

I think some women are proud of their nurturing capabilities - like they need to prove it. They're possessive over it, even competitive. I don't understand it.

Anyway. That was kind of interesting. Going to Norman for most of next week and I can't wait! It will be good to see people, and to look for jobs.

Oklahoma plays in the BCS National Championship Game tonight! Boomer Sooner baby. Should be good. Hopefully...

Got a Victoria's Secret swim catalog today - made me want to work out. But I still didn't. ha.

1 comment:

Laurenwp said...

Ah, I wish I could have seen her bust! But it's no fun when they actually hurt themselves. Then I kinda feel bad about laughing. But just a little bit. Umm, I'm jealous you get to go to Norman next week. I miss it there :(